BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU LAND!
Cradled wood panel-assemblage: collage, wooden drafting board, marbled paper, magnifiers, engravings, acrylic sanded painted panel.
20″ x 24″ x 2½”
Satin Black Finished Wood
21¼” x 25″ x 3½”
Note: Exoplanets (extra solar) are planets outside our solar system.
SPACE POLICE ALERT!
The National Interstellar Space Agency advises interstellar travelers to avoid visiting four of the most recently discovered exoplanets named Crunchy, Grouchy, Prickly and Slimy. Be warned the inhabitants of these exoplanets are considered dangerous and contact with them life threatening. Be informed anyone visiting these exoplanets will no longer be insured by the National Interstellar Space Agency. In addition. The Space Police are officially forbidden to perform rescue missions to these exoplanets regardless of who you are, where you may of come from or the severity of the emergency. Otherwise, interstellar travelers will be advised of any changes concerning the status of these exoplanets by the National Interstellar Space Agency. May your time in space be safe.
A recently discovered fifth exoplanet named Scaly is like the other four exoplanets considered dangerous and now “Off Limits” to interstellar travelers until more is learned about the alien inhabitants.
The illustration is from the 1604 “Historia Animalium” by Konrad Gesner.
- Johnson, George: The Intelligent-life Lottery, New York Times, August, 2014.
- Kluger, Jeffrey: Search for Life on the Newly Discovered Earth Like Planets, Time Magazine, March, 2017
- Klosterman, Chuck : The Hazards of Other Planets, New York Times Magazine, February, 2015.
- Mirsky, Steve: Is Anybody Anywhere? Scientific America, January, 2018.
- NASA/JP-Caltech: Planets with Potential / Seven Worlds Orbiting a Nearby Star, New York Times, December, 2017.
- Ryerson, James: Ivory Tower / The Truth is Out There, New York Times, Sunday Book Review, September, 2016. Note: Neil de Grasse, Welcome to the Universe, Barnes & Noble, Princeton University Press, 2016.
- Shostak, Seth: Should We Keep a Low Profile in Space, New York Times, March, 2015.